With a beautiful backdrop of city, countryside and ocean, you can enjoy an enriching social and cultural adventure to complement your academic course.
The Social Programme includes handpicked cultural activities, you can explore the history, traditions, and beauty of Scotland, while meeting new friends from across the world.
The Summer School offers a wealth of included activities for you to join during your time at the University of Edinburgh.
Included in Summer School course fees:
- Experience a true taste of Scottish culture and learn how to dance like a local at our ceilidh (pronounced ‘kay-lee’), a traditional Scottish party.
- See the sights of beautiful Edinburgh with an unmissable sightseeing city bus tour.
- Take a trip out into the beautiful Scottish landscape and tour a real-life whisky distillery (not included on the Pre-University course).
- Stick out your pinky as you lift your teacup at a traditional afternoon tea. Tea and scones, anyone?
- Learn about Edinburgh's spooky and mystical past during a ghost tour of the city. Boo!
As a student on our Pre-University course, you will receive a bespoke social programme. As well as the activities listed above, your course fee will also include the following:
- Take a trip to Edinburgh Castle and discover the history of this royal residence upon Castle Rock located in the middle of the city.
- Challenge your new classmates and work as team to solve the clues of the Escape Room challenge.
- Come along to Camera Obsura - a world of illusions where seeing is not believing.
- A full-day guided trip (Saturday or Sunday) into the Scottish landscape. Explore the beautiful scenery of the lochs and highlands.